Before diving into how to delete the PhonePe account, let’s touch on the PhonePe app that has made utility bills payment and other transactions very easy. For example, you can perform a recharge and transfer money from one bank account to another with a single click. Moreover, you can do any business transaction through the PhonePe app.
Its headquarter is in the business hub of India, Bangalore. Due to its user-friendly mode and services, it is quite trendy among the masses. Therefore, PhonePe app users are increasing in number every day. Currently, the PhonePe app has approximately 21M+ users.
Why Delete PhonePe Account
Sometimes you switch from one bank account to another. There are moments when you face some issue in your PhonePe account linked with some bank account. When such problems happen, you perhaps want to uninstall the Phonepe app to eliminate any chance of risk. That is a wise decision, undoubtedly.
But if you do not know how to cancel your phonepe account or remove bank account from phonepe, things can be difficult for you. Because after the new updates at the end of 2021, the method to delete your phonepe account is complicated now. Do not worry because you are on the right page to learn how to fix your problem.
How to Delete PhonePe Account
Do not worry if you do not know the process. After reading this article thoroughly, you will learn the process of deleting the account easily. Here is a simple guide with a few steps on how to delete phonepe account to make things easier.
Delete PhonePe Account – Some Preliminary Steps
If you are concerned about how to delete phonepe account permanently, you must make sure that the following steps are done first:
- You do not have any balance in your wallet.
- You have removed all the details of your credit and debit cards.
- If you have made any gold purchase or sale transactions, make sure it is complete now.
- You have to unlink your bank account.
If everything listed above is done, you can further delete the phonepe account in mobile. Otherwise, make sure these steps are performed first. For example, use your wallet balance or adjust your gold account. This step will save not only your time but your money as well.
Two Main Steps on How to Delete PhonePe Account
We will discuss two significant steps to delete your PhonePe account on iPhone and Android permanently. These are as follows:
- Unlink your bank account.
- Delete your PhonePe account
Unlink your bank account
To delete your PhonePe account from your mobile, you first have to see how to remove an account from the phonepe app. Then you can delete or remove your PhonePe account permanently from your mobile. To delete or unlink your bank account, you only need to follow a few simple steps, which are as follows.
- To remove your bank account, first of all, go to the home page of your app.
- When you go to the home page, you will see your profile picture on the top left of your mobile screen. Tap on this profile picture
- When you tap on the profile picture, you will further see an option of a Bank account.
- Click on the option of your bank name in the bank account option box.
- After clicking on your bank’s name, scroll down to this page. At the end of this page, you will have two options; 1) cancel & 2) Unlink your bank account.
- Click on the option to unlink your bank account.
Now that your bank account is unlinked, you can go through deactivating your phonepe account. We will demonstrate how to delete phonepe account numbers.
Delete PhonePe account
You can permanently delete the PhonePe account but first, make sure you have unlinked your bank account. If yes, let’s move forward to deleting the PhonePe account.
- Open your app account on your mobile.
- Go to the question mark that is on the top right corner.
- If you want to change the language to understand the options clearly, you will have to click on the arrow. The arrow for language is on the top of the left corner. Now you can select a language. Suppose you have opted for English.
- After clicking on the question mark in the options box, you will have several choices. Click on the profile option and then tap the option of My PhonePe profile.
- After that, you will further have four options. From there, please choose the option of my PhonePe account details.
- You have four options when you go for my PhonePe account details again. Select the 3rd option of permanently deleting my PhonePe account.
- When you click permanently delete your PhonePe account, you will have four options to inquire about the reason for your action. Provide any reason why you want to delete your PhonePe account.
- After giving a reason for your action, you will see a page of information. Read this information thoroughly. At the end of the page, you will find an option to deactivate my PhonePe account. When you click on this choice, you may be asked to confirm your request. Once you confirm your request, your PhonePe account is deactivated now.
A summary of the above process is as follows.
My PhonePe app> “?” > profile > my PhonePe profile > my PhonePe account details > delete my PhonePe account > reason > deactivate my PhonePe account > confirm
A few questions after the request for deactivation
- The PhonePe Service will ask a few questions about your gold transactions, wallet balance, and card information removal. If you have read all this information, then well done. Click on the option YES.
- Service will ask you about any other active account. We suggest you click on the option of NO.
- After this process is complete, your request is forwarded to the concerned department.
- Action will be taken on your request in three working days.
How to delete PhonePe account on iPhone
Deactivation of accounts on mobiles and Android is relatively easy. So if the process is a bit complicated for you, you need not worry. This article is going to explain it effortlessly.
The process to delete PhonePe account in iPhone is more or less similar to the above process with a few differences. You click on the following options one by one.
Phone app account> “?” >my account & KYC > account issues > deleting my PhonePe account.
After going through all these options, you will confirm the following piece of information;
- If you have used your wallet balance
- Details regarding gold purchase or sale
- Removal of card details.
- Confirm if you have unlinked your bank account or not. When you confirm all these queries, you will further tell why you want to deactivate this service. Here you will have four options. You can select any option accordingly. Better to go for the option Other.
- After that, you will confirm your request.
- The system will ask you for the last time if you are sure you want to deactivate your PhonePe account. Here you will click on the YES option.
After all this, your PhonePe account is permanently deleted from your iPhone with this super simple process.
How to delete phonepe business account
If you want to delete the PhonePe business account, there is no option in your account.
However, you can delete it by calling your customer care center and following the instructions.
How to delete phonepe account transaction history
You want to delete your transaction history for one reason or the other. For example, you made a purchase or delivery of gold, and you do not want to leave behind a record in the app.
You can follow these steps.
- To delete the transaction history, you will go to the PhonePe app.
- Here you will have a list of all your transactions.
- Go to the option of filter on this page. Your transaction record will be hidden from this page.
You cannot delete your transaction history permanently, as every transaction has a transaction ID that you can use to resolve any issue related to your transactions later on.
It may be the reason behind the fact that you cannot permanently delete the transaction history.
PhonePe account has UPI ID-based bank accounts in its service. If your bank has been added to the app, you can utilize this app’s excellent benefits. If for some reason, you want to delete your PhonePe account from your Android or iPhone, then we hope this article is going to be a good guide for you.
With a few easy clicks, you can hide your transaction history and deactivate your PhonePe account now. Last but not least, this article is undoubtedly an excellent guide to teaching you how to delete your bank account.