This article revolves around the discussion: how to Enable Dark Mode in Snapchat? We know that Snapchat is a popular messaging app where users can share videos and images with friends. The app also offers several filters and lenses, which users can apply to their photos and videos to change their appearance. One of the latest features to be introduced by Snapchat is known as ‘Dark Mode.’
You can enable dark mode on Snapchat by changing the phone’s display settings. These settings can be changed by accessing your phone Settings option. This blog will show you how to enable it on your smartphone.
How to get Snapchat Dark Mode on Android & iOS
There is a built-in option for iOS users to disable or enable the night mode or dark theme on their device. However, there is no native option of enabling or disabling the dark theme in Android devices.
But all the Android users out there will provide you with the solution. So firstly, we’ll give a quick look at Snapchat dark mode iOS, we’ll move forward answering how to enable dark mode on Snapchat android.
So, let’s get started.
Night Mode on Snapchat For iOS 2022
Here is how to enable Dark Mode in Snapchat for iPhone,
- Firstly, you have to open your Snapchat profile.
- For this, you need to go to the top-left corner of your screen and tap the Bitmoji icon.
- When you land on the profile page, kindly click the settings icon. However, you can see the setting gear in the upper-right corner.
- Then go to the “My Account option.”
- To change the theme from light to dark, please click the “App Appearance.”
- Here you’ll see the option of “Always Dark.”
- Finally, press it to enable the night / dark mode on your iPhone.
How to Enable Dark Mode in Snapchat Android
As previously stated, you cannot find a native option to enable dark mode in your Android phones. However, you’ll be notified when Snapchat will have this night mode theme for the Android apps.
For now, you can do one thing to activate the forced systemwide dark mode. We know that it’s not like the official option, but it is the optimal choice for you right now to stop looking at the retina-blinding light mode on your Android.
Here is the procedure to get force enabling of dark mode or black background for Android:
- Firstly, go to the phone settings and click the option About phone.
- Then scroll down, you’ll see the possibility of “Build number.” Kindly click it seven times consecutively. (This is the way to enable developer mode)
- After allowing the developer’s mode, you have to go back to the phone settings.
- Then navigate to “System -> Developer options” to access developer options.
- Now you have to click the “Override force-dark.”
- Finally, you can now enjoy the night mode on Snapchat.
Does Snapchat React to Forced Drak Mode Enabling?
The above-given process enables the night mode in older versions of Snapchat. Because the newer versions of Snapchat do not respond to the force, it allows dark mode toggle.
So, what’s the solution? Don’t panic at all! Because we will give you another solution to this problem. It is by downloading the old version of Snapchat. However, the old version also has all the features you need in your Snapchat. So, if you wish to use the dark mode, then please download and install an old version 10.72.0.0 of Snapchat from this link.
So, this old version is going to support your night mode. Make your app stand out by enabling a dark theme, which will make your app more user-friendly and functionally better.
Snapchat is one of the most popular social media platforms on the market today, with over 200 million active users. However, one of the main complaints about the app is that it doesn’t have a dark mode for Android. While Snapchat’s dark mode might not be the essential thing in the world, it is still significant for several reasons. First, the dark mode has many users and is one of the most anticipated features for Snapchat.
So, If you’re like us, you may prefer to use apps in the dark mode so that your eyes aren’t as strained. So we hope that our article has helped you enough to answer your query of how to enable dark mode in Snapchat.
If you have any suggestions or request something, please do so in the comments below. Thank you for your time.