Today we will share a simple guide on how to recover deleted Snapchat memories. In this guide, we’ll show you a few easy ways to recover your lost snaps, so you can keep those precious memories safe. Let’s get started!
We all know that Snapchat is a picture-based social media and a founder of many new trends in the social media game. It was the first app to introduce catchy filters and the stories trend and allow us to share our daily life experiences with our friends.
Snapchat is still first on the table to share your memories. We can edit, send or view our kept memories whenever we want. But when we delete our memories from Snapchat, they can be deleted mistakenly or for other reasons. You may want to recover your deleted Snapchat memories but don’t know how.
Can you recover deleted Snapchat memories?
Unfortunately, once you’ve deleted a Snapchat memory, it’s gone for good. There is no way to restore deleted memories, so it’s important to be careful when cleaning up your Snapchat account. However, there are some ways to recover lost snaps; you might be in luck as long as you act quickly.
As Snapchat keeps our deleted memories for a short time, you can request their support team to recover your deleted Snapchat memories, and they will send them to you.
How to recover deleted Snapchat memories without a computer?
A wonderful feature of Snapchat is that it allows you to save your snaps and share them with friends later. However, sometimes snaps can get lost or deleted accidentally. If the same thing happens to you; there are a few ways you can recover your lost memories.
How to recover deleted Snapchat memories on Android?
Check your Recently Deleted folder. If you’ve accidentally deleted a snap, it may still be saved in your Recently Deleted folder.
- To access this folder, simply open up Snapchat and tap on the Settings gear icon.
- Then, scroll down and tap on ‘Memories’.
- Under the ‘Storage’ section, you’ll see an option for ‘Recently Deleted’.
- Tap on this to view any lost snaps.
How to recover deleted Snapchat memories on iPhone?
You can try the above method on iPhone too. And also, you can check the cache folder of your device to recover your deleted Snapchat memories.
You can navigate to your device’s file manager and the cache folder. Or connect your iPhone with your mac book and open the cache folder there. You may able to recover your lost snaps in this way.
Use a recovery tool or a third-party App
If the snap isn’t in your recently deleted folder, you can try using a recovery tool like “iMyfone D-Back” for iPhone or “Disk Drill” for Android. These tools can help you recover lost or deleted files from your phone, including Snapchat memories. You can also get help with third-party apps and websites that can help you recover your deleted Snapchat memories.
Contact Snapchat support
If all else fails, you can always contact Snapchat support and see if they can help you recover your deleted Snapchat memories.
- Simply open up the Snapchat app and tap on the Settings gear icon in the top right corner.
- Then, scroll down and tap on ‘My Data’. Under the ‘Contact Us section, you’ll be asked about logging into your account.
- After logging in, you’ll see an option to “Submit a Request” at the bottom of the redirected data page.
- Tap on this and fill out the form with.
- Snapchat’s support team will prepare a copy of your account data. You will receive it within 24 hours after the request.
- Once they’ve prepared your data copy, they will send a download link to your given email.
- Open your mail. And download the “Zip file” they sent to you.
- After downloading, locate the zip file and extract it.
- Open the extracted folder and see the “index.html” file.
- Tap on it and then select the memories.
- That’s it. You’ve recovered all your deleted Snapchat memories.
To prevent losing your Snapchat memories in the future, be sure to back them up regularly. You can do this by going to Settings > Memories and tapping on the ‘Back Up Memories’ button.
Alternatively, you can set up automatic backups. Just synchronize with your google account. You have to go to Settings > Memories and select the ‘Auto-Backup’ option. By regularly backing up your snaps, you’ll always have a copy saved if anything happens to them.
In addition, be careful when deleting snaps. Once a snap is deleted, it cannot be recovered, so make sure you only delete snaps that you’re sure you don’t want.
Finally, if you lose a snap, don’t despair – there are a few ways you can try to recover your deleted Snapchat memories. By following the steps we’ve provided, you should be able to restore your lost Snapchat memories.