In this article, we will share some interesting methods about how to see who shared our Instagram posts. We all know that Instagram is the biggest social platform nowadays. It has kicked off the career of many influencers and attracted many brands to its domain. Initially, Instagram was a photo-based social media platform that has become a business advertising giant.
Almost every celebrity out there is using Instagram and becoming an influencer. Most of them have millions of followers. Many people want to do the same for themselves; amass hoards of followers and fans that we influence. So we make posts, reels, and stories, to engage people.
Imagine that you wake up and see numerous new fans and increasing numbers of followers one day. And you want to know how it happened. There is a big chance that somebody liked your post and shared it by giving you a shout-out. That encourages many people to follow you. Perhaps you want to know who shared it.
It may be one-sided; you might have a private account and share posts with only a few of your trustworthy friends. But it became public, and now you want to learn who shared your post. Let us assist you with your question.
How to see who shared our Instagram posts in 2023
First, let us clarify that there are two ways to share a post. People can share your posts directly via Instagram. Or, they can take a screenshot, crop it, and publish it through their camera roll directly. The first one is proper to give credit to the creator and appreciate their effort.
How to see a person who shares your Instagram post
- Open Instagram and go to the particular post.
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Or click on the “Share” button.
- A list of the people will appear.
- You can tap on their names to see their profile.
Why can’t I see who shares my posts?
There are some possible reasons why you can’t see who shares your Instagram posts in 2023.
- You will not find the option in the share button if the sharer has set their profile to private.
- The person who shared your post their account must be set to the public for viewing their name.
- If the person who shares your post does not follow you, their name will not appear on the share button.
Sometimes there is also the question of how to view a person who shares our Instagram story?
- You can see the sharer by tapping on the upper right corner of the screen.
- But if you didn’t find the person, there is probably a chance that the sharing was done over 24 hours ago.
- And the story is now expired, so has the sharer list.
Does Instagram notify us when our post is shared?
Yes, Instagram gives us a notification when someone shares our post on their story or as a private message. If it didn’t notify us, there might be a chance that the person shared anonymously or did not include his name in the sharing option.
Besides this, Instagram also notifies our friends if we share our posts, especially with them. And also when we set our accounts to private.
How to view how many people share our posts on Instagram in 2023
If you want to know who shared your posts on Instagram, you must have your account set to “public.”
- Open the insight option.
- Or you can go to the settings and tap on the insight action button.
- Hit the metrics under the overview of a particular post.
- It will show you the number stats of the post and how many people have shared it.
Suppose you want to know how to see who shared our Instagram posts in 2023. There is no one-size answer to that question. But you can view them in your insight action button.
Although you cannot see the person who shares your post anonymously and doesn’t include his name in the share list. But you can see them with third-party apps that Instagram does not authorize. i.e BuzzSumo and social blade.
But bear in mind that you can only view the insights from the past 90 days if your account is set as a business or public account.