Udgeeth Pranayama is a breathing technique that is said to be helpful in achieving deep meditation. The word Udgeeth comes from the Sanskrit root ud, meaning “to awake.” Pranayama is a Sanskrit word meaning “breath control.” Udgeeth Pranayama is sometimes also called Udgitha Pranayama. while Udgeeth Pranayama benefits us to get closer to our inner nature and protects us from many diseases. As we all know stress is the main cause of 80% of diseases. In this article, we’ll discuss Omkara Chanting to release stress and depression.
Anxiety and mental illness can be permanently cured by this pranayama. A person becomes fearless, obstinate, and relaxed.
Udgeeth Pranayama And The Omkara Chanting
Omkara chanting or we can say Om chanting are common names of this pranayama. It connects your soul with external supernatural forces with deep silence. You feel a special kind of vibration to tune in a natural frequency while performing this yoga.
Author of yoga sutras Maharishi Patanjali says the one who chants this word Om /receives divine powers of the world. It is a natural sound this comes from the depth of the throat. There are many languages in the world but this word has some deeper meaning that soothes the inner self. The word Om is a natural sound that comes out without any collision. Udgeeth Pranayama is a simple but powerful tool that can help you to improve your health and well-being.
How To Do Udgeeth Pranayama
- Firstly, sit in an agreeable thoughtful position. You can sit in Lotus Pose (Padmasana), Siddhasana, Swastikasana (Auspicious Pose), Sukhasana, Vajrasana or you can sit on a seat too.
- Then keep your spine raised and adjusted in the head’s position. Put your hands on your thighs in Gyan Mudra.
- Take a profound breath in through your nose, till your stomach gets loaded up with air totally.
- At that point gradually breathe out the breath from your nose in a moderate way. With the exhalation serenade the word ‘OM‘.
- While reciting the OM sound of O should be longer than M.
- Your sound should be discernible to you and the focus should just be on your breath.
Time Duration Of Chanting Omkara
There is no such time limit while doing this breathing yoga. You need to take 3 or 5 seconds of time for breathe and 3 to 5 seconds of time during releasing the breath. If you are a beginner then you may start it only three times on your first day.
Benefits of Udgeeth Pranayama
This pose of yoga can be performed by any age group because it is simple and easy to do. If you practice this yoga pose it will give you many benefits such as:
- It helps to deal with all kinds of sadness, fears, guilt, and anxiety. While reducing anger in any situation.
- The pranayama increases inner strength and boosts your energy level. Doing it regularly gives you divine shine as well as a stunning aura to your face. Moreover, it helps to connect your body and soul spiritually.
- The pose considers very effective against hypertension while it also cures acidity.
- Sleep-related issues can be easily cured by this pranayama like bad dreams and insomnia. If you are facing poor sleep or any sudden sleep disturbance this may help in those cases too.
- It helps to increase the level of positivity that would help you to make a pleasant atmosphere around you through positivity.
- Memory is important and it also helps in increasing your memory as it makes you more concentrated.
- You can cure mental issues by it, further, the elderly issues like gas, acidity, and other stomach problems.
- It is very good for a pregnant woman, practicing this may lead to normal delivery.
- It may help you to open your spiritual eyes.
This breathing yoga is much more beneficial as you think of it.
9. If you were born with any defect in the body it can also get cured by Udgeeth pranayama. Practising this yoga is beneficial, especially for patients with schizophrenia.
10. You feel relaxed after chanting Omkara that a certain type of vibration releases all the pain in your body. It also detoxes the body.
11. It gives proper benefits to autoimmune diseases and stops your negative thoughts by filling your mind with positivity.
Additionally, Udgeeth Pranayama is believed to improve lung function and respiratory endurance. For these reasons, Udgeeth Pranayama may be beneficial for people who suffer from asthma or other respiratory conditions. Anyone interested in trying Udgeeth Pranayama should speak with a qualified yoga instructor beforehand to ensure that they are doing the exercise correctly.
Precautions of Omkara Jap
Where there are Udgeeth pranayama benefits we also need to focus on its precautions well. If you keep these points in your mind that will prevent you to get into any kind of trouble while doing this yoga. Udgeeth Pranayama is a simple breath control exercise that can be done by anyone, irrespective of their age or fitness level. There is no such harmful effect of Omkara jap. Yet doing it improperly can cause minor problems.
- Do not practice this yoga forcefully, take a breath according to your body capacity.
- Try to do this yoga after 4-5 hours of taking a meal but the best time is to do it in the early morning with an empty stomach. Rest for a while if you feel tired of doing it.
- Sitting in the wrong posture will not benefit but instead cause problems.